
Aug 15, 2006
Last week was a good one, though by Friday I was feeling pretty beat and was ready for a relaxing weekend. I went pretty much non-stop on Wednesday and Thursday and so was thankful on Friday night to sit and watch a bit of ‘Aussie rules’ football (which isn't as good, in my books, as ‘rugby union’ but is growing on me). One highlight of last week was when three of us stopped by a local seniors centre. I really enjoyed talking about the youth work in the area and chatting with some of the people. All the men were sitting on one side and the women on the other and we had to turn up the microphone so loud that you could feel it in your chest :) but we had a really good time.
On Sunday I took a nice walk through Tanunda to the grocery store and I was so amazed at how beautiful the town is. The combination of the stone houses with all of the green shrubs and blue sky was unbelievable. I have a few assignments that I need to be working on for Diploma, as well as journaling five times a week, so this is keeping me busy. There are also plenty of challenges that present themselves along the way, and we have a daytrip in less than a week so it should be another busy one. I'll try to send another update some time next week. Bye for now... Dave.
2 comments:
Nice pic... is that in Tanunda? Gald to hear you get to rest once in a while. I "Googled" and saw some really beautiful pictures... sort of like Kelowna but about 100 years older.
Thanks for the update.. take care!
Dad
By the way... why does stroking roosters make you so sleepy?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment